Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas

I don’t know what Christmas means to you: the birth of Jesus, the gathering of family and friends, a race against time, or simply time off work. Perhaps it is all or none of it. Perhaps like me, you have been brought up in Christian traditions and although you understand the meaning of the celebrations, the sentiments seem to have passed you by. I have a very tortuous relationship with The Lord, myself. I consider him with certain perplexity. I have often felt that he ignored me in times of need. Yet, I have also been cherished in some odd ways more than most.

I am not sure what Christmas really means to me. All I know is that at Christmas I used to visit my aunt Lulu in her convent, where we would attend mass together and more than once, I felt touched.

Merry Christmas