Monday, November 24, 2008

A Special Day

Today is a very special day. Today is my best friend’s birthday.
I am sure he would be more than happy with the usual good wishes. But I would rather tell you how truly special this day is to me. How his being born, how his existence has touched my life. Without him, I wouldn’t be half the woman I am today. He brought strength and support to me life, but also whim, joy and laughter. His unwavering trust and belief in me has allowed me to blossom. He has encouraged me through every endeavors, every obstacles, forcing me to transcend myself even in the weakest of times. He is the parent, the brother I never had, he is the best friend anyone could hope for. But most of all, he is my best friend. And although a birthday is really just another day of the year, on that day, one of the most precious person I know was born.

Happy birthday to you, my friend.